Friday, December 30, 2022

Crock Pot Freezer Meals: Cilantro Lime Chicken

 Are you as busy as we are as a family?  I'm certain many can answer with a resounding YES!  I have been stocking my freezer for years with amazing healthy alternatives to fast food.  I t wasn't until I shared my 20-minute process one day on my personal Instagram where I had quite a few questions about the meal prep process.  It started as a rather funny tongue in cheek joke where I showed my friends and family how much I can get done in less than 20 minutes.  I wound up making 3 freezer lasagnas and everyone wanted the recipe because many people think lasagna is a super difficult messy dish.  But my son just loves it and requests it often so, when I make big batched to freeze it seems less of a daunting task.   

I'm sure we all are faced with a night or two that we just can't figure out what to cook for dinner.  Those are the most stressful nights, 5 o'clock rolls around and as you should be pulling something from the oven or stove you rush off for another night of fast food.  These fast-food options are often expensive and far from healthy or nutritious.  Enter:  Crock pot and freezer meals.  The best part...YOU decide what ingredients fit your family best. I have a few very picky eaters and some food allergies so right off the bat we have some limitations.  My husband is allergic to potatoes so you will rarely see potatoes on my shopping list.  We simply replace starchy potatoes with gluten free rice. See, easy peasy lemon squeezy!


Let me also add that I do not have a ton of time to devote to meal planning for hours or days on end.  I typically have maybe 20 minutes before heading off to carpool or dance class.  If I'm making a from scratch meal for the day, I often bring out a freezer bag or pan and double the recipe while I'm making the meal. One for the night and one for the freezer.  So soon you will have a fully stocked freezer and you can reference those easy meals when you schedule gets hectic.  Happy Prepping!



Cilantro Lime Chicken 

4-6 Chicken Breast 

1- Bunch of cilantro torn

1 cup frozen or canned corn

1 can black beans drained 

1 t minced garlic

1 red onion chopped

1 t cumin 

1/4 cup lime juice  

Mix all ingredients in a Ziplock freezer bag.  This meal will typically stay fresh for up to 3 months in the freezer.  When ready to use, I defrost the night before in the freezer then dump in the crockpot and cook on love for 5-7 hours. 


I like to initially freeze my meals stacked horizontally 
flat, then once fully frozen I can stand them up vertically in my 
deep freezer and save on space.  Of course, this is
 just my personal preference, I've seen people store
 their meals MANY different ways. 






Check out my You Tube video a watch how quickly it all comes together!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj2_YzE4SFc

No comments: